Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Spy

A friend and co-worker is expecting a little girl in November and I wanted to make her a baby quilt.... particularly, an "I Spy" quilt.  


Because psychologists can have strong opinions about what best supports cognitive development in babies, I wanted gender-neutral prints, no "character prints," and bright colors...


The nursery is painted a color named "agave," which is similar to the turquoise border and binding.


I used fabrics leftover from one of the grandbaby quilts for the back...  Deb Strain's Love U line.


...and did simple diagonal quilting across the squares and zigzag stitching on both sides of the border.  I machine sewed down the binding since I figured this quilt would see a lot of trips through the washer and dryer.



Making a baby quilt is a such nice small project... and finishing something is definitely a morale boost, especially when you're working on larger projects!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I purchased the pre-cut I Spy squares from SewTogether on Etsy, who also has gender-specific I Spy squares and sets of rainbow colors.


So much easier and cheaper than finding and buying all those different prints!



No comments:

Post a Comment