Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Angels in Blog-land

I've been blogging for almost six months and have virtually met a lot of creative, talented, friendly folk... but I never realized there were angels in Blog-land.


As you know, I'm working on Barbara Brackman's Civil War Block of the Week.  I decided to join in this year-long project in June and caught up with the blocks I was behind in two weeks.  I also decided that I would only use stash... mostly fabrics leftover from making the tumbler quilt.



Because the tumbler quilt is for my nephew, I didn't have a lot of shirtings because I wanted to have mostly the medium and darker colors.   So... my choice of light fabrics is limited and was growing slimmer with each new Civil War block.



One of my new blog friends emailed and offered me some shirtings from her stash, promising that she had plenty and would love to share.  She assured me that this was a gift and could not be considered me going out and buying fabric.  


Angel KD's package arrived today... and I should say the box arrived today!  It was like Christmas here around noon... my angel didn't send me a few shirtings... she sent me a ton of shirtings all tied up in a pretty bow.




I now have lots and lots of beautiful light fabrics to choose among...



...and look at this fabric!  It looks like antique cross-stitch!



My angel even sent a few reds "for spice"...


The fabrics are much lovelier than my very meager photography skills show and I'm eagerly awaiting this coming Saturday's Civil War block posting so I can use these gorgeous fabrics!

I never knew there were angels in Blog-land...


... I do now!

No comments:

Post a Comment