Saturday, June 18, 2011

Friday Night Sew In - June Results


I decided at the last minute to finish up the Fish Camp Trout Pond quilt top yesterday... the half done top was bothering me.

If you remember, I cut off 10" on one side because the quilt was practically square and wanted a more rectangular quilt.   Why 10" and not 12"?  Because I subcut that 10" into four 2.5" strips to make a pieced border!


After the pieced border was on, I added the plaid homespun border... and I'm done!  Quilt sandwiching will be happening this weekend!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next Civil War block has been posted:  #25 Calico Puzzle. 
I will work on that this morning and also see if I can put together several more blocks as well. 

After my post yesterday about a blog that was breaking down the CW blocks for us newbies to traditional piecing, Jen of The Quilty Home shared that Ellen of American Homestead is also doing a step-by-step tutorial for each CW block!

Ellen is currently in Thailand on "The Last Hurrah Tour" but still keeps up with each new block posted!

Thanks for the info, Jen... I need all the help I can get with these CW blocks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment