Thursday, June 23, 2011

Civil War Block #24


I've decided not to make any applique blocks (only one posted so far), so... with this block, I am caught up until Saturday!

Block 20:  New England



The blocks finish at 8" and a six by eight block layout will yield a 48" by 64" quilt without sashings, which I am planning on.  

My understanding is that there will be a total  of 52 Civil War blocks so I won't have to make/use four of these... and, if there are more than four applique blocks, I'll just make a duplicate block using different fabrics!

Applique may become my "thing" at some point in my life but it's not my thing right now...


In the meantime I have a three-day weekend and my granddaughters are coming over to spend the day with me!  Let the hijinks begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment