Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What to Wear Wednesday (WTWW)

Brown & Black..is it a Yes or No?

For me it is a definite YES!  Since moving up to what some may call a "big" city I sadly had to leave much of my bright colored beach-y clothes back at home, especially was the temperatures dropped!  I quickly became a fan of tights, as I have mentioned in previous posts and pretty much lived in my black opaque pair!  This all being said black tights and black boots are great but what I found that I loved even more was my black tights matched with my brown boots!  This was my first experiment with the two so-called "contrasting" colors!




After many cold and deary months I ended up matching these colors up quite frequently!  I understand if not everyone is into the look, but maybe first try it with a camel color "brown" and black!

Here's a few looks that I adore!



The black dress and brown belt is a definite must for the business ladies!  I have even recently been adding my skinny brown belt to my black pencil skirt to dress it down a little plus add some unsuspecting contrast!  Of course this style only works with the right top, I love it with my chambray denim lightweight button down!



Here's a more classic way to try the look, and with no pressure on the right mix and match, because with this dress there's not much you can do to mess it up!  I love the contract between the obvious colors and the simple and eloquent lines of the dress!




Reese of course, she defines good style! She how she makes this style work even in the oh so casual look! 










And Ralph Lauren mixes the two colors is such a classic look, that really can work for anyone!


So give it a try, even if it's just that brown belt with your LBD! I promise after a few times of mixing and matching you'll get the hang of it and you too can make the most out of these to MUST colors for the fall and winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment