Sunday, October 24, 2010

Inside @ Coco Rocha's Apartment

Vogue's Lauren Santo Domingo is the newest edition to their magazine. It's where she takes us to have an inside look at the home's and apartments of Vogue's favourite people whether they're Models, designers, artists, or stylists you name it! The first inside look is to a Manhattan apartment that belongs to a newlywed, Super Model the gorgeous Coco Rocha and her husband James Conran.


The apartment is located at 'The Gramercy Park', which was purchased by Coco three years ago. Every part of the place, every wall, even every portrait or vase tells a story, or was a souvenir that Coco had bought in the past. She likes to collect and remember the things she has done in her lifetime, It's amazing! 













“I had a company come in to build my closet. There were a few things that were important to me, like drawers for my jewelry, a shoe area, a makeup counter, and plenty of space to put my clothes,”  Rocha said. A fashionista like her I don't blame her for creating her own closet. Even though her dream closet is to die for there is no place for all her clothes! She has the other half of her collection in the guest bedroom.

                      

Make-up, my goodness it's an essential for every girl even I have trouble stocking them. Coco Rocha made an amazing make-up counter to stock all her makeup in the neatest possible way. “One of my favorite things about my closet is my makeup counter,” she said. And the piggy bank on the right, isn't it the most jaws dropping piece that you've ever seen? “This piggy bank is one of my favorite things. I love how at first glance it looks like a YSL bag, but when you take a closer look you realize it actually reads, yove saved la rent. It’s genius!" explained Rocha. I've mistaken it to Yves Saint Laurent at my first glance. I want to get my hands on one of these.





One of the other things that I loved about her apartment too, was the souvenirs and pieces that has a history behind it. Coco said about her teapot collections,“These teapots are from all the different places I have been to for photo shoots—from Morocco to Michigan. It was James’s idea to cover the books in old newspaper, and one of the books is actually wrapped in a paper from June 1911, which is almost 100 years before our wedding date.” It was clever of James!














I must say it is one of the most fresh, homey, pleasant apartment I've seen. It's full of life, decorations, and history. This reflects the couples life and how they see their future!

No comments:

Post a Comment