Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What to Wear Wednesday!

Colors of Fall! Primarily Rich Purple!


So I will be the first to say that pretty much my entire life (with the exception of my Beauty and the Beast obsession in 3rd grade) I have NOT been a fan of purple..not that I ever hated the color it just never was right for me..


Well this all changed in the last few months before even reading about the new 2010 Fall Trendy colors, when I started being attracted to the more rich/ dark purples.. my first purchase of this color actually came last year, when I bought an all purple New Years dress!  It was a fun dress to wear for the evening, but I haven't really found another occasion to wear it again... However with its long sleeves I am hopefully to find a few excuses come this fall!


My next experiment with this new color was in the style of a blouse that slightly resembled a peacock.  (Not with feathers, just the colors)  Despite my first purchase that has had little wear, this blouse has seen quite a few occasions matched with black pencil skirts and suits. I've enjoyed how the colors "spice" up the boring black suits that I am sometimes subject to wear during office hours.


More recently, now that I have become more comfortable with the color and see it almost everywhere in the stores, I have picked up a few more items. Such as fall dresses that have a combination of the purple with other darker and richer colors, I love that with most of these items I can choose to match it with either dark brown or black!


I really enjoy the variety presented by Chicago Fashion here, that shows the diversity of this color! See everyone really can find a "shade" of this rich color that is right for them!

So there it is my fellow followers! Hope you will give this fall festive color a try! I definitely think you will find it to be a fun new (or to some old) color to enjoy for the next few months!


By the way it was a brisk 62 degrees this morning! Although were suppose to have rain this afternoon and tomorrow, the weekend is suppose to be cool, brisk and sunny! Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment