Monday, September 27, 2010

It's coming along..the new Apartment!

Ok so I think it's about time for a new post on how the new apartment decor is coming along!

So the most exciting news, is that we finally just got a dining room table! After fuirst moving in, we were unsure if we wanted to get a table and chairs or just use the kitchen bar area with bar stools?  I love the idea of the bar stools and we actually did find some cute ones, but later decided with the extra space we have in the "living" area we definitely had room for a full table and chairs!

After a few weeks of searching, I found a great set off of none other than CraigsList!  I had actually never bought anything off there but had heard both the good and bad about it.. thankfully I spotted this set within hours of the girls posting and followed up with them immediately.  After a few detailed email correspondence I was happily pleased and realized to find that they seemed VERY normal and lived in a great part of town (aka: not a skecthy home in the middle of nowhere)

So yesterday the roommate and her boyfriend and I took 2 cars and ventured over there, we had made a decision if the furniture didn't look like that, which was posted we would simply say thanks and leave but to our pleasant surprise it turned out to be perfect!  Plus we got a fantastic deal.  The table does have a few minor scratches but for the price we couldn't beat the deal!


Thanks to the roomies, friend we also recieved our first house/ apartment warming gift/ fall decoration!  How adorable are these candles! Plus they go perfect with the dark wood table!


I also have been working on my own room, I am still in search for a fun shelfing device, I have realized that although my new closet is amazing, after having two walk-ins I was able to store/ hide many things that weren't exactly clothing.. so I will need to find a cute desk or some sort of shelfing dresser for my side wall.
But I did find something I have been wanting for many years, I had seen a few DIY hanging jewelry ideas but couldn't decide on a specific one, plus the idea of having to wait to find the perfect door knobs and then installing them all seemed like another "project that would never be completed".

So when I spotted this fun little charm of decor at Urban Outiftters I quickly grabbed it.  I could use a few more hanging knobs for both my necklaces and earrings but I have been able to fit quite a few things on it.  It also has been a great way for me to finally start wearing "different" jewelry again, I dont know about you but I feel like sometimes I can get into such a rut with wearing the exact same pieces everyday.


I also am very pleased to let you all know, that I did do a little DIY project with my balcony furniture!  I have been looking for several bistro sets since I moved into the new pad. Although I did find a few sets I liked, I wasn't overly excited about spending that sort of money on something that may not last very long especially with our upcoming winter.. So after a little "personal" fight with myself I decided to save the money and trek to Wally world! There I got some fold-able steel chairs and a plastic fold-able table.  To make it not look as cheap I spray painted them with a texture spray paint, and surprisingly it all looks quite nice!  I also got 2 removable cushions for the chairs, in order to make them slightly more comfortable!

So the last item still needed for the apartment is a coffee table with our modern white couches we are still on the hunt for a nice one that would look good with the couches..hopefully we can find one soon! but for now the plastic bins work!!

Happy Monday everyone! 

It is rainy and gross here today, wishing I was still in bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment