Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rainy Days!

Wow what a rainy gloomy day!  Although I am always a fan of a new month, I think part of it is the excitement I have for all the possibilities for the next month, but for some reason I am in a slight stage of shock on this last day of September, and I think Mother Earth may be agreeing! We have had EXTREME rain since late last night and there has been flash flooding and possibilities of tornado's!

But like they say, when God gives you lemons make lemonade I am trying to make the best of this yucky gloomy weather, I am a true believer in a line-up of classic movies and pjs on rainy days but work was calling and I trucked it in.  So instead of this being a gloomy, rainy post I thought I would throw out some fun ideas to spruce up your rain gear..believe it or not there's tons of great options!  

ps. I am also in desperate need of some new rain boots, and would love to get some advice from my readers about which ones they would recommend! I love the classic Hunters, but want to make sure they are worth the splurge!  Let me know what ya'll think!

1) The classics, I think if I end up going with Hunters, I want either the original Hunter Green (seen below) or the red, because how fun would that be!


2) And you wonder why I am obsessed with Hunters, hello gorgeous celebrities rockin these boots!

 3) This can easily show, how I am slightly overwhelmed with the current selection of rain boots that are out on the market!  I will say I loved my old JCrew ones but have realized I need some that will be more durable (preferably that can handle both rain. sleet and snow..if necessary) and ones that are probably just one color, my old ones were super cute but a little over the top for my current style (no more pink and blue anchors)


So now for some other fun rain gear to cheer up all those gloomy days!

Gotta love a heart filled rain jacket, this one by Marc Jacobs, is so fun and bright, definitely cannot be gloomy if you have this jacket on!


Just had to included these fun little guys!! How adorable! They are definitely ready for whatever Mother Nature has to bring!



Now for Umbrellas! There are soo many fun, stylish and verstaile umbrellas out there these days!  See from the quick selection below, there's no need to settle on the cheapo- freebie umbrella that you got at your last business conference!  Add some style and fun to your rain day gear by adding a fun umbrella!


One of my new favorite umbrella styles is this type below!  Although its clear I love the overall protection you get from it! Definitely no wet head under this brella!


And of course one cannot complete a rainy day blog post without everyone's favorite! The classic Disney Yellow poncho!  When all else fails and your stuck at the theme park with your 20+ members of your extended family, and it starts to down pour, you can always run into the closest over-priced tourist spot and grab one!
 

See one can find happiness in the most gloomy days!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment