Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Waiting....



Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering,
for He who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23 NJKV

Are you able to really wait on the Lord? I mean really wait! Not knowing how you are going to feed your family, pay your mortgage and pay your bills. And by not knowing I mean there is NO money coming in to do any of these things. Your last bit of money has come in and trust me it will not last long. Would you be able to just wait on the Lord to show you what you should be doing next?

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

  • Are you trusting God? Not just with your words, but with your heart?
  • Are you trusting Him to lead you or are you making your own way?
  • Are you walking in Hope — in an expectation of good?

This verse really hits it for me. TRUST! Are you willing to give over complete reigns of your family to God. TRUST he is there and will be with you all the way. Truly follow what God has planned for your family knowing this could take you on an amazing ride to see how God is truly alive and working in your life.

Our life has been a whirlwind since my husband lost his job when the company he worked for closed it's door in 2008. After much prayer instead of trying to come to our own solution we gave it ALL to God... all of it. We waited for his leading in every situation. This is no easy task. It meant at times we had no income at all coming into our household. It meant wondering where our next meal was going to come from. It meant totally relying on God for every thing in our life. EVERYTHING!

We have felt the outpouring of love from our family, friends, church family and complete strangers even just went we needed it most. God's timing is always perfect. It warms my heart to know that God uses people to bless others, just when others need it most. It can be a kind word, a card to let someone know you are praying for them, a meal to feed a family, a gift card so they are able to get some necessities that life's provisions have not made possible at this time and most importantly words of encouragement as when you are going through some things in life it is not always possible to realize what an encouragement you are to others.

When the doors opened for my husband to be accepted into the Second Career program our government was offering, after much prayer and complete peace my husband applied to become a Home Inspector. He started his program in Spring 2009 and was finally done in June 2010. It has been a lot of work... taking courses online and traveling back and forth on the 401 in the winter and until the end of June every Thursday night to make it to night school. Traveling this stretch can be enough let alone with a vehicle that let's just say is still going by the grace of God. (If you live locally I am sure you can hear us coming as we have a cracked exhaust manifold)

Now may the God of hope fill you
with all joy and peace in believing,
that you may abound in hope
by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13 (NKJV)

As of April of this year our income support from Second Career had run out. They were no longer giving us money to help cover some of our living expenses. I would be lying to you all if I didn't admit that at times I did go to the "What are we going to do? How are we going to make it through this?" and then it hit me.... I am not going to do anything.... and we can not make it through any of this without God on our side. My hope is in an all knowing God who will not forsake me or my family. In all of this we never lost hope that God was still working in our lives.

On Saturday April 24th, everything changed... life as I knew it would be changing and wow what a change. I got a phone call from a dear friend who told me she was closing her home daycare due to illness in her family. (I do know that she has no clue how bad things were financially at this time in our home) She asked if I had room for kids in my home daycare and if she could give them my name. I did have room as I only had part time kids coming to my home. Long story short... I received a phone call from two families that were with her. One being full time kids the other being part time child. I could not believe the door God had opened. WOW! This would replace the income we lost. This would feed our family. We could stay in our home that seriously was cheaper than renting any where.

God is leading us in ways ... ways that I up until we were in this situation I tried to take total control of and it would never work out but low and behold I relinquish everything in my life to him.... to totally follow him and things happen and not only happen but work out for his glory! AMEN!

With June coming and going and my husband finally certified as a Home Inspector and most of the children I look after leaving for the summer our income went down to $50/week. Yep that is right no missing decimals.... that is the reality of my world. We have $200/month coming in for a family of 6. (you don't have to do the math because no matter which way you do it ... it will not work) It is now nearing the end of July... and we are still surviving... still moving forward. Praise God!

The Home Inspection business is now open... we are waiting for the phone to ring. Pray for the phone to ring if you are thinking about it. Pray for God's continued leading in our life. Pray we listen to God's leading.

Praising God for the hardships he has placed in our life as it has only brought us closer to Him.

We are still waiting and watching to see how this is all going to play out. Our faith in God is what keeps us going. Singing his praises when others get discouraged keeps us moving forward. Living above our circumstances and not in them is how we keep going on with our day.

Continuing to wait on the Lord,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment