Friday, July 30, 2010

Just Friends?



Ok Ok... I promise that this blog will not be all about relationship advice, because first of all that would be boring and second of all I am not that knowledgeable in the subject, HOWEVER.. there is one thing that even after many good relationships (and just a few less fortunate ones) I still have an issue wrapping my head around.. JUST FRIENDS...

For me its either you truly are JUST friends, or there's the obvious attraction and if its not known mutually then it should be, right?

And you can't be just friends, when you really aren't friends in the first place. I love it when some people (as I will promise to do from here on out NEVER mention names, unless it is to give clear credit) say they are "Just Friends" but haven't hung out with that person once as friends..hanging out at a bar, or meeting them "conveniently" out multiple times doesn't mean your friends...(sorry to spoil your definition)

So getting back to my point, if you like the other person let them know, if you don't recieve the compliment back then yes your ego may be hurt, but in the long run you will be so happy that you know the truth and 4 months later your not still being "Just Friends"

And if you do honestly want to be just friends, then maybe also say that..it makes it easier on your friendship, and most likely you will actually be able to cherish that friendship much longer..

I will leave it with this.. above is completely MY two cents on the subject I in NO way am trying to force people to think like me..although I think it may help some "friendships" but I will also admit I have had problems with this exact subject so maybe its just my own therapy..


Happy weekend!! Go out and make lots of friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment