Saturday, July 31, 2010

Things are not always rosie at our house....

Guess it is time to post our reality.

The reality is that my beautiful 6 year old daughter has not slept through the night in months... yes months and when asked to return to bed the rages begin and can last for hours in the middle of the night. My husband and I are nearing the end of our rope.

I will add that our beautiful daughter was prenatally exposed to alcohol and suffers from FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder), Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD as well as a list of other things as a result of choices made before she was even born. No they can not be fixed. And I am praying they can all be managed.

Thinking back... I am trying to think of a time when we truly had good sleep from her and it was when she was little and she was put into one of those sleep bags... she slept so well. Now it seems as though she has HUGE anxiety with her dad not being within her grasp at all times. Seriously!

I think I am going to head to a natural path to see if there is anything that can be given to her. We truly are grasping at straws right now and will try just about anything to get back to some sort of normalcy in our lives which by the way is not typical normalcy but just our sort of normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment