Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring in a Box


I'm off work this week for Spring Break... and it's been one cold, dreary, and wet week.  Hard to believe it's the last day of March and it's 42 degrees out.  *shiver*

Went out to lunch with a long-time friend and then to her (and her hubby's) new 100 yr old house they're remodeling.  What fun to see the new addition and all the work that's been accomplished and talking about her decorating and gardening plans... so exciting!

There were tulips and daffodils and pansies throughout their new neighborhood.. so cheerful and spring-like... but it was drizzling rain and oh so chilly.  Driving home, I thought about what needed doing around the house and what I could do to brighten up such a dreary day.... to my surprise, a day-brightener was awaiting me on the front porch.

Yes, the mail carrier had left two packages for me!   And yes, I opened them right away!



And since we all know that fabric has to breathe, I just had to unwrap it... and touch it... and pat it...


An Amy Butler Soul Blossoms FQ bundle... and coordinating solids...  yes, indeed.  Suddenly, the day was MUCH brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment