Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Time

We are driving to my parents house tonight in Fayetteville for Thanksgiving! I can't believe it is already here. I feel like Thanksgiving is much more laid back than Christmas. And I'm glad I get to relax and eat, eat, eat!

Tomorrow I will be helping my mom cook. The turkey is my responsibility each year. I was thinking about doing some thing along these tan lines:

THAT would be awesome.

The other night we were having a discussion about staple items at Thanksgiving dinner (and Christmas for that matter). I have spent several Thanksgivings with Kent's side of the family and I was surprised to find that they did not cook:
1. Mashed Potatoes
2. Gravy
3. Pumpkin Pie
4. Butternut Squash
ANDDDDDDD they cook their stuffing in a crock pot. We have ALWAYS stuffed ours in the turkey. (Isn't that why it is called "stuffing?!?!?)

We do this:


So it looks like this:

And tastes so amazing.

But other than cooking the turkey I will be helping my mom make hundreds of pounds of toffee. It is the most amazing thing you have ever put in your mouth. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment