Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm Up in the Gym Just Working on My Fitness!

I mentioned earlier that Kent and I were going to try to work out and eat healthier this year. I know TONS of people say this..... but I am really doing it! So here is my update:

Three weeks ago I started going to a 5:15 AM cardio and weight lifting class that meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Then, my mother-in-law signed us both up for a bootcamp that meets at 5:15 AM on Tuesday and Thursdays, that started this week. So I am learning to get up early... really, really early - like 4:45 AM. For those of you that struggle with getting up early here are some benefits that I have discoverd:

1.) I feel energized the whole day.
2.) I eat healthier during the day because I want my work out to count for something (not equal out something, i.e. candy, cookies, chips)
3.) I don't have to worry about working out after work - because I already did!
4.) I get to work MUCH earlier because I take a shower at the gym.
5.) I am saving money by showering at the gym and using their water :)
6.) My jeans are much looser....YES!

I'm sure I will find many more reasons to work out BEFORE work. I have always LOVED sleeping in and staying up late, but I'm a working girl now and I have to get back in shape. So this early morning thing is really working for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment