Monday, January 19, 2009

Blogging the Inauguration: Overheard #2

A 30-something African-American man standing outside the U.S. Capitol, talking to his wife: From slavery to this...

****

Guard: I'm sorry, you can't check books out of the Library of Congress.

Visitor: But I brought my library card.

Guard: It's not that kind of library.

****

Joe Biden once hit on my best friend.

****

I read that since Obama won Bush has started drinking again.

Yeah, Dad, but that was in the same magazine as the three-headed alien, so it may not be too reliable.

****

Wouldn't it be great to see those photographs that Malia has been taking?

****

On the phone: Yeah, we got into the concert. It was great.... No, I couldn't see anything.

****

This is really Delaware's year.

****

Most frequent: What time are you getting in line?

No comments:

Post a Comment