Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Woman with A PLAN!

After the panic subsided, I came up with a reasonable goal for completing the tumbler quilt... the end of June.  One thing about college graduates... they don't mind getting late gifts! My nephew majored in something like "historic preservation" and I thought a tumbler quilt in 1800s reproduction prints would suit him to a "T"... might even make him interested in pursuing a specialty in historic/antique quilts!

I had this quilt figured out so it's just a matter of setting short term goals and keep moving!  I received several comments about using a GO! cutter... but I don't have one and don't know of anyone who does... including the LQS.  No matter... I have a handy dandy tumbler block template from Missouri Star Quilt Company(Link has video tutorial.)


The neon yellow (look at it glow!) acrylic template is made to fit charm squares... so I've cut 5" WOF strips and sub cut into tumbler blocks with very little waste...


And despite my youngest granddaughter's preschool graduation this evening....





...I manged to cut out over 200 blocks!



I'll get her done!

Gratuitous photo of my three little girls... otherwise known as my daughter and her two daughters...


It's hard to take photos of moving targets...

No comments:

Post a Comment