Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tumbler Quilting

One of the reasons I love tumbler quilts is the outline quilting like this...


...and I wanted to imitate it but using a machine rather than doing it by hand.   After cleaning & oiling my machine, installing a new needle, and winding bobbins, I got started quilting after work yesterday.




I like how the thread blends in with most fabrics and doesn't jump out at you on the darks.  I'd call the thread a taupe or dark beige.


Of course, when I went to find an example of the hand-quilted tumbler, I came across someone who had the same idea I did about machine quilting a tumbler... ~Zany Quilter~


I like how the tumblers are emphasized quilting this way...  and the back is cool too!



It'll take me a while but there's no hurry... I've given myself til the end of June after all!   Plus, it's a nice way to relax after work...

No comments:

Post a Comment