Monday, January 24, 2011

Fit Fridays!

Ok so I know its past Friday, and one of my resolutions is to get better at this timing thing, but I definitely got inspired over the weekend and thought I should make up for not posting a "Fit Friday" so here it is just slightly delayed!

Today's focus is on YOGA!!! I know to some of you, this may be a scary word to others you may just blow it off entirely and say..I'm neither a hippy or a yogi and this stuff is NOT for me!  Before a few months ago I was right there with you but after experimenting with P90x, which is another post entirely I decided to give it a fair try!  I also MUST mention a HUGE help and eye-opener to this amazing workout was from one of my favorite magazines, Women's Health!  Are their website (which anyone can access, you do not need to be a subscriber!) they have an ENTIRE section on YOGA!  and my favorite part is the BEST Yoga For... which identifies exactly how yoga can benefit ALL types of your life!



I swear give it a chance and you can see how less than 10 minutes of yoga a day can HUGELY impact your day and LIFE!!

check it out.. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/yoga/best-yoga-for-0



Most recently I also purchased Bethenny Frankel's DVD! which includes a step-by-step 40 minute routine that ANYONE can do right in their own living room!  This is a great starter- to even pro yoga star!  



Yoga is not only a great way to stretch, it allows you to concentrate on your breathing while using all of your muscles in very different ways!  For a person like myself who is constantly on the go and LOVES to run, I have seen huge benefits by doing yoga!  Even if its just a once a week thing, or if you can just sacrifice 5 minutes every morning to do just a few moves, I promise it will make a difference!



I will also let you know this exercise is NOT just for WOMEN! men can also have and see a huge impact by doing Yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment