Monday, March 22, 2010

S.P.R.I.N.G.

GOOD BYE WINTER....?

Saturday was the FIRST official day of spring. And for Arkansas that means 70+ degree weather. However, mother nature surprised us all! My parent's house in Fayetteville looks so pretty with 14 inches of snow.
I woke up Saturday morning and it was snowing in Benton. Big flakes too!
Anyhow, I am super excited that spring is officially here. Because that means SUMMER is next! I cannot wait to lay out by the pool. Yesterday Kent-o told me that I need a tan in a bad way. I know I do. It's true. But ever since I heard that tanning beds are worse for you than smoking, I have avoided them like the plague.

On Friday night we got Weldon's again. I think this might become a Friday night tradition. Weldon's is a meat market in Hot Springs that has the best steak I have EVER eaten. It is super dense and very delicious.   The stuffed mushrooms and twice baked potatoes were pretty good too. Kent grilling away:

My mom and sister came down on Saturday for KK's state gymnastics meet. Then we took her to meet the 150+ 9th graders for her spring break mission trip. She has never been on any sort of mission trip, so I am super excited for her. I think her eyes are really going to be opened when she sees where and how other people live.

On Sunday my mom and I went to Hot Springs for the whole day to shop, shop, shop! It was a lot of fun, despite the cold, wind and rain. Whenever it does warm up, I will be prepared with a closet full of spring/summer clothes!

I'm LOVING dresses right now. Especially these from Billabong.

I got my nails done by yours truly....
I've got a pretty good system down of doing them myself. I used to get acrylic nails, but the last time [2 yrs ago] the lady did them she literally killed one of my nails. The dermatologist had to cut it out. And then it took one whole year to grow back. Gross, huh?

Since it's Monday, here's a little something to help you thru your day. 
I'm guessing basic logic/common sense was not a needed skill for a job at this bakery. Just a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment