Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weekend

Last weekend Kent wanted to teach me how to shoot a gun and I was interested...until I shot the gun. Just once, that is all it took. It actually disturbed me how much effort that actually goes into pulling the trigger. The backlash was really powerful and I did NOT feel like I was in control of the gun. So I let Kent finish up shooting the rest of bullets.

BUT I did hit paper... Kent is pointing at where I hit the target.

On Friday night, my good friend Tonya Zunigha was driving through Arkansas and stopped to eat some fresh shrimp with us. It was fun to see her! Oh how I love the random news she brings (about other people, of course)!

The weather has been so fickle here in central Arkansas. Today is nice though. Of course I am stuck in a office. Such is life. I will make a short escape at lunch - I'm jammin' to Warwick Avenue by Duffy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhZ5-L9znt8
I started doing P90X - it is pretty amazing! I work out 4 to 5 times a week running or doing some circuit style weight lifting, but doing an hour of P90X really exhausts the muscle group that you concentrate on that particular day. Can you imagine spending an entire hour just working your shoulers? Biceps? Chest? Anyhow, my muscles are very sore and I love it. I know that my body is burning calories RIGHT NOW because it is rebuilding those muscles that I broke down yesterday, Sunday and even from Saturday. I really like working out...

Some people want Michelle Obama's arms -nice and lean - right?
I want Madonna's arms! I am sure that you could see Mrs. Obama's muscles if she were lifting weights or flexing, but Madonna is simply holding something and her arm muscles are clearly visable. THAT is the difference between thsese two. I'm sure body fat percentage has something to do with it, so I need to get on that..... if only I could work out all day long and have someone prepare my food for me, I just know I have it in me to look so fit! Sigh.....

Also, a sidenote: Please put Ken Wilson and his family in your prayers. He is the pastor of Fellowship Bible Church in Conway, the church I grew up attending. His oldest son, Jordan, died suddenly last week. I cannot help but think of them and the terrbile pain that they must be suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment