Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ahh... Wedgewood Blue, I Love You!

I have been looking hard for drapes, but I'm just not a huge fan of the flimsly Bed, Bath & Beyond or Pier 1 panels (sorry if you have them). Custom made drapes are always fuller, longer and the best part is that no one else has them! I've debated trying to do drapes "Nester" style, which I probably will by adding to these drapes, but really, you just can't beat CHEAP, clean, custom drapes.
The swatch: Waverly Country Life Wedgewood Toile
Sooo...... Here are the drapes I bought in Dallas this weekend. Sorry for the lame picture, I haven't actually hung them in my house yet. This pic was taken in the CONSIGNMENT store with my iPhone. Dallas is THE place to consignment shop. Check out this deal: 4 panels, 84 inches long (7 ft), 144 inches wide (12 ft), pleated, weighted at the bottom, and lined with black out/sunblock panels. This fabric is $20.00 a yard on ebay, so if you do the math, I would have spent at least $400.00 (I think I actually underestimated by at least $100 dollars - I should have called my mom - does anyone know how to really calculate fabric costs?) Then another $100.00 on the sunblock liners and $100.00 to have them custom made. We're at $600.00 total. These are LOW estamites people. I spent $25 a panel! Go me! I don't actually NEED 4 panels for my room, but I'm going use one panel to make an upholstered headboard out of a door and some throw pillows. That leaves with a huge extra panel that I just might need when we move. Fabulous pictures to come......
My mom came to Little Rock yesterday for a doctor's appointment, so we had lunch. It was fun to take my lunch break with my Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment