Monday, September 15, 2008

Office Time!

Several people have asked where I work, do I have an office, etc. I have some pictures of my office on the fourth floor of the Capitol (Room 433 in case you want to come visit me). I have a great big window and a little sitting area. I spend a lot of time at my desk as I work on all the meetings for my committe.

What do I do, you may ask. Well, as most of you know, a bill must go through committee before it can be voted on by the legislature. So I get the meetings organized, get the issues ready that the bill sponsor's requests for the committee to hear, do a lot of communicating with the representatives and senators, and make sure the chairs of my committee stay happy! Anyway, that is what I do, run the State Agencies and Governmental Affairs Committee for the House and Senate. I love it! (The issues that come through my committee include any re-organization within the 200+ state agencies in Arkansas, Constitutional Amendments and any sin law.)

I spend a lot of time at my desk, getting the committee meetings ready and all. Although, I do believe you caught me watching Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL....OOPS!

Here is my sitting area and my dying plant.

This is the view out my window. Children's Hospital is to the left, UAMS is straight ahead and the Arkansas River is on the right.

P.S. Don't expect to get any pictures of Kent at work. He will not let me come to his office with a camera...never ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment