Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall is Here!

I LOVE fall. It is my MOST favorite time of the year. I think it is the combo of great weather, getting my baggy sweaters out, beautiful leaves and my birthday. Yep, all those things. Since this is the first year I have had a home to decorate I am learning how to decorate for the season, making it flow with my home's permanent decorations (i.e. couches, curtains, etc.) and not spending much money. So here is what I have so far.

I bought these pumkins at the Dollar Store (they are styrofoam!) for $1 with every intention of painting them. They were all very horrible colors, especially the middle one. I wonder how a hot-pink pumpkin with white stripes was ever manufactured... YUCKY! I guess that is why they are at the Dollar Store: Pink Pumpkins for the Po' Folk!


So I took out the brown stems and spray painted them with Kilz primer. They look pretty classy to me! I saw identical white pumpkins at Tuesday Morning for $5 a piece! Hmm... $15 for 3 pumpkins or $1?

The obvious choice for fall is a REAL pumpkin and so I forked over the $4 at Kroger. This one had a really great curve to it's stem.
I already had the greenery and angels, so no cost here!

Sidenote:I would have put some creepy witch or goblin next to the pumpkin, but.....I think I was brainwashed as a child into thinking that anything witch-like is evil and should NOT be brought into a God-fearing home....Thanks Mom. Also, this is fall decorating, not Halloween... of "witch" we did not celebrate either....hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment