Saturday, September 27, 2008

An Important Announcement

Good morning. People have been asking about my return to America Magazine. My start day has been scheduled to be this coming Monday, September 28th.

However, I have decided to delay my restart for the time being on account of the great economic crisis facing our nation.

This is not a decision I make hastily. I look forward to a time when I can start my job again. However, in light of the difficult financial situation before us I feel that at this time it would constitute an act of reckless irresponsibility for me to return to work.

Until this situation is resolved, I will be spending my time imagining solutions for the problems our country faces at a nearby Starbucks and abroad.

The coming days will undoubtedly be difficult ones, and I hope you will join me in some small way to shoulder our share of the burden.

God bless you all, and God bless America.

Jim McDermott

No comments:

Post a Comment