Monday, February 28, 2011

OSCARS 2011

And the Oscar goes to...




But as we all know there's a LOT more to the OSCARS then just those lucky few whom actually get to bring the gold man home.. how about What they WORE!!!

Ok so lets start with one of the HOTTEST colors to wear on the red carpet.. RED!



absolutely LOVED Anne's dress! She looked gorgeous! and although her and Jame's got some not so great commentary on their performance I loved the 2 of them! Great job for some fresh faces!




I can honestly tell you that Jennifer Hudson may just be my ALL time award season winner for best dressed this year!  She looked stunning!



Although I cant say Sandra was necessarily one of my Favorites! I thought just like the other ladies she did a great job pulling off this bold bright color! I also thought it was a step-up from her "too young" bangs she wore earlier in the award season!

And now for the more nudes, and metallic jeweled looks!

  

 At first I wasn't in love with Michelle's look, however after seeing her in a few different angles, and how much it seemed to just fit her right in all the right places, it quickly turned into one of my favorites!  She has become such a gorgeous woman and one can truly see her maturity through this gown!




 Although Florence may of made it on many of the "worst" look lists, I actually really liked her in this!  She's not going to be super glamorous, and thats ok! I loved the flowy dress that matched her flowy hair!  For her this look worked!




Oh Gwyneth!  I just adore her, and really as many said she looked like her own Oscar! (even if that may be corny!) Her drop dead body looked amazing in this super sleek gold gown!  And I loved her super straight hair with it all!



This was another look that I wasn't crazy about, right away! (especially with the headband) But as I saw her on the carpet, I realized for this young 14 year old it was perfect!  I loved the shorter hemline on her, she doesn't need the long gown, come on shes ONLY 14! 


Ok so I admit that as much as I do LOVE me some feathers and sequins, Hilary Swank might of gone over board just a little!  If the dress was cut a little shorter I think it could of worked, however as many people have already made the comments, it looked like she was trying to dust the red carpet...



Don't get me wrong I do adore Amy Adams! I think she is extremely talented and absolutely gorgeous, but NOT last night!  her hair was a little too-big and out of control, and although I do LOVE me some sequins (as said previously) this was just too much, and by far the WORSE was the emerald choker necklace, we don't need diamonds on sequins...



I can't say this is my all time favorite on Mila, but this was a gorgeous dress, and I think it was great to see Mila in this soft lavender color!  It had just enough detailing without going overboard!


And last and unfortunately probably LEAST..was my disappointment in Reese! Oh how I normally just love her, but I couldn't of liked this gown on her anymore.. It reminded me of Julia Robert's dress back in 2001 at the Oscars, although it was quite different, I just feel like the black and white gown was years AGO! (wayy too much beauty queen, and NOT movie super star!)

Well I hate to say it but it looks as if the fun has come to an end.. until next year!
and of course a HUGE congrats to all the winners and nominees!

No comments:

Post a Comment