Thursday, February 24, 2011

My First BOM



Yup, I went and did it… signed up for a 12-month BOM.  Yup, I am a crazy woman… just shoot me now!  

Seriously, my SIL will be heading off to minister school at Duke University this coming school year and I felt “called” to make Jan Patek’s Bible quilt for him.... even though he may be through with minister school by the time I finish this...


 Photo from Jan Patek's blog

Block #1 arrived in yesterday’s mail.  

 Photo from Jan Patek's blog


Let me just say that I’ve never met a pattern that I didn’t want to change in some way… and I will be changing this one as well.   Nothing that serious but I’m NOT doing needle-turn appliqué!  Not that I can’t, it’s just that 1) I’m a little ADHD,  and 2) I’m not willing to spend that amount of time with something that will give rise to latent perfectionism, semi-tamed after many, many years’ effort.

I foresee a lot of fun with fusible stuff and underlining… wish me luck!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yes, yes, I know I didn't post a mug rug yesterday when you all are waiting with baited-breath for me to do so...  *lol*

Here's your mug rug fix for the day...






No comments:

Post a Comment