Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mmm..Incredibly Indian!


I-have-no-time-to-pee, no-time-to-sleep schedules have got the better of me, and its been ages since I actually browsed through a newspaper. Last day I squeezed in some time to ponder over the latest stuff as I sensed serious anguish and agony in the voices of my parents, persistently warning me against going to malls and theatres. Yeah H1N1 is happily finding sport in Bangalore and is at its dangerous best. We all have this tendency of reading about epidemics, plagues and natural disasters as if we are reading about Noah’s ark and never relating it to reality. But it is happening. Up and running. My sister is terrified about sending her daughter to school and not being able to keep a watch on her 24 X 7. So it was high time I get a glance through the long forgotten piece of hot updates. I took the newspaper, which the newspaper boy shoots like a missile to our balcony and the first news I saw was totally shocking, yet very interesting. Yea, hundreds of people are diagnosed with H1N1, some died, but all that was not on priority. Mrs. Aiswarya Rai Bachchan is down with a flu and Big B is worried, it seems! Media cant get more dramatic than this, I guess. Yes, they should be given the fame they deserve, but not to this extent. It is just like insulting the feelings of the bereaving families who have lost a kid, spouse, parent or sibling to H1N1.The Shiney Ahuja episode has slowly given way to the cough and cold of Mrs. Aiswarya. There are people, who are already toiling to keep their ships afloat , getting prayers done for the lady so that she be healed and be strong enough to walk the global ramp, which makes the heart of Bharat Matha beating again. It sounds like reality show contestants throwing a melodrama to support them and actually ‘pray’ and bless them. Whooosh! Now that’s a big number on the list for the fellow stupid homo sapiens who actually pray for them, so that they win the one-crore flat and live happily ever after. Added to the list of contestants is the one and only, Aiswarya. Oh Holy Son of God, please vote for her, and save her from entering the ‘danger zone’ and never ‘eliminate’ her!

Hmm what an interesting thought to begin a day with. INCREDIBLE India!!

No comments:

Post a Comment