Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How cute are these Pottery Barn pillows?!
You can find them here: http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p8224/index.cfm?pkey=cpillows
Especially this lovely blue one! However, the pillow cover alone is $25.00 and if you want the actual pillow insert that will cost you $12.00, which = $37.00 for one pillow! AGH! No. Thank. You.
I got 8 of these chocolate brown (extra large, 22 inches across) pillows with our couches. I just don't really do chocolate brown. Don't hate me. I searched for new pillows - I really did, but I just couldn't find the right size, color, price, etc. So last weekend Hancocks was having a half-off all of their upholstery fabric and I found some really great blue-green and yellow-gold sturdy linen. My mom helped me copy the pottery barn pillow... see below: Since we didn't have a pattern we measured the pillow each way.
Then we cut the fabric and decided where we wanted the button.
Then I sewed the entire thing by myself - go me!
Here is my finished product. I think my $7 pillow rivals Pottery Barn's $37 pillow!
I'm excited to keep sewing at my house with all the fabulous fabric I brought home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment