Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Easy Fruit Cobbler

This was really easy to assemble even with the help of my 5 year old. She likes to help when I bake things.

3 tablespoons butter/margarine
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
2 1/2 to 3 cups fresh sliced fruit (peaches/nectarines/blueberries/strawberries, etc) *

1 tablespoon sugar

1. preheat over at 350 and cook on middle rack.
2. Put butter in 8" square pan or 9" round pan; set in oven to melt. Remove from overn when melted.
3. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt in a small bowl. Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan, scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until batter browns and fruit is bubbling.

* try using an assortment of fruit!

I will also add for my family I usually double this recipe because we have a large family. This recipe usually serves about 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment