Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Did It...

I finally bought a starting piece for my bedroom. The most important piece. Online. Oh I am so nervous! I can't even think about it! I'm not sure why, but yesterday shipping was going to be $90 and today it was $14.50. I can live with that! I read all the reviews on ten different websites, looked at a million pictures and finally decided on this light blue, silk tufted headboard:
Imagine lots of white sheets, duvet, pillows, and then one or two color accents. It is gorgeous in my head, we will see what it turns out like in real life. The main thing I am nervous about is the quality. I will be fine with the color as long as it shows up in some shade of light blue.
After a lot research, collecting paint samples and fabric, tearing pages out of magazines, and constantly biting my fingernails, I think I know what I want. Here is a little bit of my inspiration: I need a soft abstract art piece, any suggestions on where to buy one? See the brown tufted headboard - there is a huge contrast with the white bedding. I LOVE mirrored furniture.

Black & white photo collages; gray + white + blue color scheme; more tufted headboards - I'm hoping mine shows up similiar to this custom, designer piece!; And again, the color contrast with a splash of color and lots of white.

More inspiration. I have an empty corner that I would love to fill with a mirrored piece of furniture and a white tufted chair to keep with the headboard's uphostery design.
I'm crossing my fingers and getting to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment