Friday, May 9, 2008

My Niece's First Communion


My niece Molly celebrated her first communion yesterday. A few great photos:


Here's Molly and her mom, my sister-in-law Julie. Isn't it a great shot?




Molly by herself on her big day.




This one's my favorite:
"Mom and Dad, please stop taking pictures."


One anecdote: when I asked Molly how it went she said fine. But she added, the wine was really bitter. I got the impression it would be a while before she tried that again.

And it made me wonder, if we want our kids to actually want to receive under both species, maybe we should make sure that at first communions we use something easy on their palate, a sweet wine.

Might not be a bad idea for everyone else, either.

Congratulations, Molly! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment