Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ME Day!

Me day!  

I feel slightly selfish even writing this, but as they say and after working for almost 2 years sometimes you just need a ME DAY!  For those of you who haven't been working, or just love your job so much, maybe you've never heard of this, but a ME Day is one that you normally wouldn't get off of work, but instead just take for yourself!  (I will be honest I put in some extra time, so thankfully no leave was taken) but I will say this, if you can pick a me day accompanied with some great weather and it really can feel like a little vacation all wrapped up in just one day!



The first part of my me day, actually consisted of a good workout, followed by a quiet breakfast on my balcony!  

Later in the morning I met up with another fellow Me day-er (like my new word) whom joined me atop a gorgeous rooftop!  Although we were still in the hustle and bustle of the city, atop over 15 floors and beautiful sunshine part of me felt as if I was on a quiet stranded beach!



After a few hours of the sun, and some new tan lines, plus some catch up reading in my favorite Magazines, Self and Womens Health  I got inspired and took a trip over to Whole Foods!


As you all know from Friday's post I have started to read up and get into Wheat-Grass, but with the inconvenience of running over to a juice bar every day I have researched some on powders, so I decided to grab a few daily samples of Amazing Grass (I will make sure to keep you updated on how it goes..)

I realized after a day like yesterday, it is ok to take some time to rest and catch up on those things you have been wanting to do, or with the people you need to see..so here it is blogging world, I allow you to NOT feel selfish and every once in awhile take a ME Day!! I promise you'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment