Friday, February 19, 2010

Two Pseudo Obsessions

I have zero business doing a "Fitness Friday" because I did not work out once this week. No real good excuses, but at least I can admit that. However, I ate very healthy. As a result I feel better this week than I did last week when I worked out every day, but ate poorly. Interesting, huh?

Pseudo Obsession #1: Quiche
Several friends asked me for this quiche recipe. I really don't mind spending the time to make quiche because a) it's a really good source of protein & veggies and b) I have breakfast already made for the rest of the week because Kent-o doesn't eat it. Just warm a slice up in the microwave. So here it is:

Ingredients:
3 large eggs [can't use egg whites because they fall apart]
1/2 cup of WHOLE milk
1/2 cup of half & half
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
Pinch of Thyme
Handful of chopped spinach [I used canned spinach & rinsed & squeezed it dry]
Handful of your favorite shredded cheese [swiss tastes REALLLLL good!]
Handful of mushrooms [I used canned mushrooms]
Handful of onions, tomatoes, broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, etc.
Pie Crust - I bought the regular pie crust next to the cookie dough at Kroger. Apparently you can actually make a pie crust from scratch, but I've never been witness to such a miracle!

Directions:

Set oven to 350.
Mix your all your ingredients in a big bowl and whisk away.
Ok, the most important thing is....
Bake the empty pie crust FIRST for 5-10 minutes, or until it bubbles up. Pat the bubbled up crust back down. LOTS of people make quiche and have a soggy crust [yuck!]. By baking the crust by itself and first, you will have crispy crust even on the bottom!

Immediately after you pat down the bubbles, pour your batter in the crust. Immediately.
Bake for 30 minutes. You may have to bake it longer depending on your oven's strength. You can test the middle of the quiche to see if it is runny. If so, keep it cookin!

My mom makes her quiche with diced ham, bacon & cheddar cheese [just remove ALL veggies from my above recipe]
Here is my finished product:
I will be adding tomatoes next time, but this was soooo yummy!

Pseudo Obsession #2: Tracy Anderson
I can't stop watching YouTube videos of Tracy Anderson who is Madonna & Gwyneth Paltrow's personal trainer.
At first, I was shocked at how fit and porportioned she is, but then I saw her next to Gwyneth and I felt better about myself. It looks like she is 4'10!
No wonder she looks so in shape. She has some really interesting work out styles.



Strange... but I guess it works!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment