Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Recipes

I am back to work today and so grateful for the 3 day weekend! I really needed it. I felt like it was the first time since Christmas that I could actually cook, clean and get some much needed things done around the house [pictures to come!].

It was a really lazy weekend, the most unusual thing I did was cook something NEW each night for dinner! I got this new cook book from my mother-in-law [who is the queen of cooking healthy] and EVERY single recipe I have tried has been amazing. I probably would not have bought it on my own because it looks like a regular "how to" book on low-carbs, but it is actually a recipe book. If you want to start eating "good carbs" then get it!



Two low carb, good carb meals we loved [you're husband will like these too!]:
Chicken Sante Fe:


Salmon Cakes with Cucumber Dill Sauce: [upper, right hand corner,
I forgot to take a picture the night before, so this was the next day's lunch]


 Both of these were so delish.  The Chicken Sante Fe literally took 15 minutes total, while the Salmon Cakes took a good hour. Email me if you want either recipe [trust me, you do!].

This weekend [includes Friday night to Monday] I worked out 4 times [ah, bliss!] which included 2 weight lifting sessions, 1 yoga session, one step class and 5 miles.

Hope you have a happy Tuesday... Biggest Loser comes on tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment