Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Thunder Rolls

The thunder is rolling in Little Rock today [and the rain is pouring] and it will be when Garth Brooks comes out of retirement to perform at Encore at Wynn Las Vegas! I am not a huge country music fan, but I am a huge Garth Brooks fan. Not sure why I like him and not many other country singers. Anyway, you can go to  Garth Brooks website to see the few dates that he will be performing. The tickets are only $150, which isn't all that bad considering a Britney Spears ticket cost $300!


I spent many a morning in high school getting ready in the locker room after volleyball practice singing [and sometimes shouting] his songs, one in particular sticks out: "Callin' Baton Rouge." I'm even going to the concert with a couple of the girls I sang along with in that locker room! Now that I think about it, that probably got really annoying for the girls that weren't singing along with us each morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment