Monday, October 26, 2009

Race Recap

Official time: 1:57:50. I feel good about this time considering:
1. I took 8 minutes off my personal [and only] record of 2:05:57
2. There were 4 rolling hills compared to zero hills in Chicago
3. I didn't know I was going to be running until the Monday before, so training was minimal
4. I was #85 out of 498 female finishers.

I started out running about a 8:45 for the first 7 miles. I started to slow down around mile 8. Mile 9 was the worst, I looked at my Garmin 20 times. Then the 9:00 minute "pacer" man came along and I finished up running with that group. The last mile was still hard, but I felt a lot better during and after this half-marathon than at Chicago. This was my first time to race with my Garmin and it helped me like crazy. What was I thinking running without one!?!?!

It was painful to walk after Chicago but I felt great all day Saturday and never got sore Sunday.
 Megan came to watch me finish! and these are the pictures she took. My camera is MIA right now... will find soon. 


Here is a be-hind shot. I'm booking it!

Overall the race was VERY organized for being so small [only 1,000 runners].They had corrals at the start, pacers for 8:00, 9:00 and 10:00 minute miles [to help you stay on track with your goal time], and timing chips. The only thing I don't think they had was a photographer. Oh well, they had AWESOME food afterwards and handed out GU gels during the race. I would highly recommend this race to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment