Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Green Kitchen

[ran 3 miles, 26 minutes, outside]

On Saturday I decided to do away with the boringness of the contractor's beige on my kitchen walls. I went with Glidden's "Spanish Olive" and I love it!

Close-ups of the green. The kitchen is pretty compact, so the bold color does well there.

It contrasts with the cabinets wonderfully.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

What do you think of the color? With all wall-paint colors, it looks VERY different depending on the time of day and what lights are on in the house.  Kent says he doesn't like, but in his defense, I didn't tell him I was going to paint the kitchen while he was at deer camp, so the green was a bit of a surprise... It's growing on him :)

Also, I just found out I am registered for a half-marathon on Saturday in Conway. I got an email 3 weeks ago saying that my "registration was void" - so I assumed I wasn't registered, wouldn't you? Yesterday I emailed the race people and turns out I am registered. Yikes! Good thing I ran 9 miles last Saturday or I would be a nervous mess. There are "rolling hills" on the course so I am pretty sure I won't beat my Chicago time of 2:05 [even tho I did wait in line at the porta potties for 5 minutes!]

No comments:

Post a Comment