Friday, October 23, 2009

Soaring Wings Half-Marathon

[have not ran in couple days, I'm saving myself for tomorrow. hehe]

Tommorrow I am running the Soaring Wings Half-Marathon in Conway. I'm excited to run in my hometown, I just hope I don't blow it. Those four "rolling hills" may be the death of me. If anyone sees me walking please yell "Get moving fatso slowpoke!!!"
ALSO: Kent cancelled a three day hunting trip to go with me. He said he might even jump in on the last mile and say the above phrase. The nice phrase. I will need it.

If you want to see me dying running slowly, here is the course map:


I've got all my gear laid out [already]. I was super pumped to find a PINK Under-Armour shirt. Thank you Academy. I will wear my yoga pants until just before the race and give them to Kento. I will probably start running in the ugly, red, throw-away sweater and then donate it to the streets of Conway after Mile 1.

So good luck to me! ahhh! I have not given myself a goal time because I am running for fun [which is a total lie. i just don't want to jinxy myself! i can live with letting myself down, but not others. am i so vain?]

No comments:

Post a Comment