Monday, July 20, 2009

Nothing interesting is really going on.... we had a lazy weekend. Fished on the river for a little while together on Sunday. On Saturday Kent played golf while I thrift shopped like a mad woman in Hot Springs on Saturday looking an old upholstered headboard so that I can recover it to make a look-a-like Pottery Barn headboard. - did NOT find a single one. Grrr.... I would prefer one with some arch, but it isn't necessary.
This is the Pottery Barn headboard. It would only cost me $725... yeah right. IF I do not succeed in finding an old upholstered headboard (and I'm sure I will), I.O. Metro has King sized upholstered headboards, frame in wood for $400. That still just seems like a lot to spend on JUST a headboard.
In case you are wondering how I will make the headboard (once I find it):
I probably won't do burlap, but this is a good tutorial.


Sorry I have nothing fascinating to report - but don't you need boring weekends every once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment