Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday with us...

After spending all of the morning at a church meeting and then rushing through our errands before the snow starting falling it feels to good to be sitting at home in my warm house just enjoying some time baking and getting dinner ready and potluck ready for tomorrow afternoon.

Tonight dinner.. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and broccoli. YUMMY! Nice comfort foods on such a cold day. Tomorrow for potluck we will be bringing Cheesy Ranch Potatoes and I really haven't figured out what to bring for desert as of yet. I will think of something here shortly.

It feels like today has just flown by... could be because of being so busy and the fact that we haven't really stopped yet today.

I have been thinking a lot about the economy and what the impact it is on us and our small city. Trust me huge impact on a city of our size losing many plants. We could sit here and go on and on about how bad things are and how it is rotten that people are having to look for work after being employed be these companies for over 12 years and such but honestly what will that do for us. Instead everyone should be happy that they have such wonderful paying jobs for a number of years. They should be grateful to live where we do with the luxuries that we have. Yep that is what they are luxuries not necessities.

We were blessed to have my husband employed by a local factory that pays really well for 13.5 years. They are closing there doors officially next month although my husband lost his job in November 2008. This has caused us to re-evaluate our life and how we are living. We are going back to the basics now more than ever.

Don't get me wrong... there are moments when I wonder what are we going to do... but I try my best to focus on the good things... the heat coming into my home on such a cold day... the smile on my daughters face... the laughs of my kids. Little things but much more important than the situation we are in financially. All the doom and gloom attitude in the world will not change the situation we are in... so instead I will focus on what I can control and that is my perspective.

Have a blessed Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment