Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Making do'

Our back door is made of metal or steel and we had the hardest time finding something to put over the clear, see-through door. We tried blinds, but we had to nail them into the actual door frame and then had a lot of problems getting in and out because the door wouldn't really open. Anyway, I found this transparent wallpaper-like stuff at Lowe's. They were not sure if it was just a design or if the paper was actually able to block images, i.e. people. I took a chance and I am sooo pleased with the way it looks and yes, no one can see me in my kitchen now! AND we can get outside without any squeezing through the door sideways. So if anyone needs coverage, but doesn't want blinds or another set of curtains, this is a super solution. I think the roll and application kit cost $26 in all. Not bad considering I have enough left over to do several more windows. Sorry for the glare, without the flash the picture was too dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment