Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fowl!

As I decorate and redecorate my house, I have found that I consistently choose bird-related items. Pictures, hand towels, paperweights, etc. I now acknowledge this and am careful to only buy a bird themed item if I MUST have it. Anyhow, I found this little birdie already in a mini-wreath nest at the Salvation Army. I did pay a whole dollar, but she was a MUST have. Cute, huh?
This cardinal is outside on our patio. This was random wedding present that I loved!
This weathered dove sits on the fabulous rusty tray on the island in the kitchen. They were meant to be. :)
And then we have REAL FOWL. EWWW! I believe this is a pheasant. If you come stay with us, you will get to fall asleep with this stuffed thing above you. It actually comes out from the wall about 3 feet. Scary! Kent is proud of it and wanted to display it somewhere. It was all I could do to HIDE it in the guest bedroom since I never go in there.
Sidenote: The deer that Kent shot last deer season was mounted and now lives at deer camp. We should all say a prayer that if he kills one again this season, that that deer will have the same fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment