Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Twinkle Itsy Star

June 8th was the third birthday of my niece Meggan Kathleen Pontow (below). I understand that everything was pink and that she received many clothes. When I called she sang me Happy Birthday, and also a sort of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/Itsy Bitsy Spider medley (also below). Sounds like she had a great day. Happy Birthday, Meggan! I miss you!

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
The Meggan Pontow Remix

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder where you are
Up above the world so high
Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder where you are.
Like a diamond in the sky
Itsy bitsy spider went up the water
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Up came the sun and dried the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout.
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Up came the sun and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout.

I had quite a conversation with Meggan's brother Jack, too.
What are you doing? he asked.
I'm just getting up.
Why?
(In the background, his mother tells him, Uncle Jim's far away. The time is different there.)
Where are you? he asked.
I'm in Australia.
Why?
I'm studying here.
He paused.
Are you a grown up?
Um...Not really, but, Ok, I can play along.
Uh, sure, yes, I'm a grown up.
Then why do still go to school?
Uh...
You're supposed to go to work!

So that's what I've got to say about chastity.

Just kidding. Chastity tomorrow. Happy Birthday, Meggan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment