Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tortilla Casserole (Oamc)

SERVES 6

6 soft tortillas
1 lb ground beef
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup water
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 (8 ounce) cans refried beans
  1. Fry ground beef and onions until meat is cooked through.
  2. Add taco seasoning and water and cook until thickened.
  3. Line a buttered pan or casserole dish with 3 tortillas, then layer with 1/2 of the meat, 1/2 of the beans, 1/2 of the sour cream and 1/2 of the cheese.
  4. Repeat.
  5. If you like it spicy, then top it with some hot sauce or salsa.
  6. Bake at 350 until bubbly (about an hour).
  7. *OAMC directions: after baking, place in rigid container and seal with a lid (and plastic wrap if desired). Place in freezer. When ready to eat, thaw, place in baking dish, and reheat in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Reviews:
Very good, I added 2 cups of cheese to mine and didn't use but half of the taco seasoning. Next time I will surely spray the bottom of my casarole dish with cooking spray. Excelent, this also feeds a good amountof people I would say 8-10 good sized servings, we are having it again for dinner tonight. Once again thank you!
This was fantastic! Better than plain old taco's. I found it hard to layer the sour cream so I just dolloped it on and mixed it in with the meat, worked fine. I served it with chopped lettuce and tomato and hot taco sauce on the side, DELICIOUS. This was one of the easiest and tastiest meals I've ever cooked and it will definitely make many more appearances on my dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment