Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday's Training

Ok so I know I promised to share with you all my fun surprise that I got in the mail today..but I have decided to start a weekly template for certain days..how does this sound "What to wear Wednesdays" I thought it would be a fun way to do weekly updates on fun fashions and trends that I find throughout the week..so that being said you will all have to wait on more day to see/ hear about the surprise!

So not that I will always rhyme with my days but I did want to update you all on training, so hey here it is: Tuesday's Training!



Plus fun/ scary fact of the day, the MCM marathon is in EXACTLY 2 months!!!!!

I will be the first to say, training is not for the un-dedicated or easily peer-pressured person, I have found that I am needing to be more dedicated and committed to this training then ever before.. especially with football season coming up, thank goodness the games fall on a Saturday after my long runs ;)

But as of now training is going well I have done one 16 miler and one 17 miler and have an 18 miler this Saturday! I have found that my long runs almost seem to be easier than my shorter ones I do after work on the weekdays, I guess I sike myself up so much on Friday nights to prepare for the Saturday mornings!

This past weekend I ventured out with the "really-early morningers" and we started at 6am, which means waking up at 5:30am..at first I hated it and wanted to crawl right back into bed, but once I got out there it was amazing, so nice to be done with everything an hour earlier, plus the heat was so much more manageable! Definitely think I am going to stick with the early risers from now on!

I am also pumped about racing my first half marathon, I will be running the International Freedom Day race on 9/11, it is taking place in Washington DC and although I am a little scared for the actual race I am definitely excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment