Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happenings

Here is my mom [isn't she cute?] hanging out with my friends Stephanie and Amber. Without me. In Fayetteville. She looks like she is having fun, huh? Sigh....


I'm going to Dallas in TWO weeks with some of my bestestest friends for a girls weekend. We were all emailing on what we wanted to do so I contributed a list of things, at the end of the list I add one thing as a joke: "oh yeah, Mary Poppins the Musical is playing Saturday night, I know you all REALLY want to see this...." Guess what we are all going to see?...That's what I get for being the jokester. oh well. I cannot think of better company and Mary Poppins does have some fantastic songs. {sorry best friends who didn't know I was joking}

I got my headboard in! I have to repaint the walls though. See below:

Here is what happened: the paint color I picked out for the walls was supposed to come out much more gray than blue [i even bought the little tester tub to be sure before I bought 2+ gallons of premium sherwin williams paint]. That didn't happen. And I think about the bad wall color constantly. Then the headboard came in and was supposed to be more blue than green-gray. That didn't happen. The good news is that I love the headboard more in person that I could have imagined. It is perfect. So, even though in reality the walls and headboard are different colors, they look much too similiar to live in harmony. I have three options:

  1. 1. paint an accent wall where the headboard sits a gray shade (HGTV does not recommend this)
  2. 2. wall-paper an accent wall with grass-wall paper [looks fabulous, but it's very custom & may not be great for re-sale purposes]
  3. 3. OR just repaint the whole room and leave the bathroom light blue.

I am probably going to go for #3 mainly because I have had ZERO real-life exposure to accent walls {painted or wall-papered}

See the close-up of the MAJOR problem:I am open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment