Tuesday, August 23, 2011

More About Me



My friend, Laura Beth, pointed me to this article. I'll never look like June Cleaver, but I definitely do many of the traditionally feminine chores in my house. Like this author, I actually don't mind doing most of the laundry, cooking, and cleaning. I also do watering and some weeding, though my hubby does things like edging (well, he's done this once. Yesterday, in fact) and mowing (I'm allergic to grass!). I'll willingly admit that sometimes I actually enjoy gender roles, like when it's snowed 20 inches and it's -20 below here in Minnesota. Then I really love gender roles. And yes, I do feel guilty about liking it sometimes.



So, I'm actually okay with the chores I do (for the most part). My husband shares them with me as equally as possible for someone in residency.



It's the kin work that puts me over the edge! Which makes sense, I suppose, because it's women's third shift.











No comments:

Post a Comment