Saturday, October 29, 2011

War Eagle!

Several weekends ago I went to the War Eagle craft fair in Northwest Arkansas with my mom, mother-in-law and mother-in-law's sister (Kent's Aunt Cecelia). I haven't been in years and mostly remembered it being lots of artsy-fartsy stuff. I guess because I have my own little house to fill with things now, much of the items appealed to me!

Let me preface this "craft fair" by saying it is in 10+ locations and over 300,000 people come into NWA to attend it. We got there on Thursday afternoon, which is the first day and there were a couple vendors already selling out of their merchandise! There were these really cool dough bowls that I could use as a centerpiece on my dining room table and I said "I'll think about it" - I came back TEN minutes later to get one (there were PLENTY when I left) and they had SOLD OUT! My mom had told our little group that if you saw something you liked then you had better get it right then or it will be gone when you go back. She was able to say "told ya" to me this time. 
 Here are my two favorite purchases:

Custom wooden name thing: 
These are made for outside or inside and can hang on the wall too. I haven't decided where to put it, but I love it! This was $25 with the personalization, it's about 3 feet long. 


There were several booths FULL of floral arrangements and wreaths. Since my cool moss wreath that I made turned brown (yes, it's true - lesson learned, don't use moss outside), I needed a new fall wreath. 

This HUGE wreath cost $35! I'm pretty sure I could not make this myself for any less than that. The best thing about this wreath is about 3 times a week when Kent walks through the front door (we use the front door the most) he says, "I really like that pretty fall wreath." 

There was some AWESOME furniture at incredible prices. I got some good ideas for the future and took lots of pictures of things to copy. We WILL be going back next year for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment