Saturday, October 29, 2011

A New Take on a Duvet Cover: Reversible Coverlet


Sitting area with VERY comfy club chairs...


Yes, it's a LOT of white, but that is why I LOVE IT. I searched high and low for a duvet cover with some color in it. After almost 6 months of not finding anything I wanted my mom found this fabric and had the brilliant idea of just making a coverlet for the end of the bed. I've seen this done in hotels so we gave it a go. I think it turned out wonderful! 
Basically it just lays on top of the duvet and I take it off each night.
 My talented momma made a pillow to go with the coverlet:
 But the BEST thing is that we found coordinating fabric and she put it on the other side of the coverlet and pillow. So it's reversible! 
 One side is a bit more girly and the strips are more masculine. 
 LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
My only cost was the fabric, which was about $12 a yard (that's 1/2 off!). But it is high quality, upholstery fabric, so it all looks very classy. Thank you momma! 

No comments:

Post a Comment